Carrying liquids on board aircraft
Regulations Restricting Liquids (International Flights)
Carrying any type of liquid exceeding 100 ml (grams) on an international flight is prohibited.
Note that gels and sprays, etc. are also included in these restrictions.
Restricted liquids will be confiscated and disposed of at security screening checkpoints.
These liquids should be packed in your check-in luggage. Liquids may be taken on board if prepared in the following way.
Liquids in a 100 ml (gram) containers must be placed in a transparent, resealable plastic pouch with a capacity of no more than 1 liter.
* Only one resealable pouch per person is permitted.
As a general guide, plastic pouches should be no larger than 20 x 20 centimeters.
Passengers must provide these plastic pouches themselves.
Liquid products purchased at our duty-free shops are not subject to these restrictions and may be taken on board.
Passengers with connections can now purchase liquid items in excess of 100 ml as long as they are sealed in STEBs.
However, there are some nations that do not use STEBs and liquids may be confiscated at transit security in those nations even if the liquids are sealed in STEBs.
For more information please check the Narita International Airport Corporation website.
* Please contact your airline for more information on checking in your luggage.
* We will not accept responsibility for any problems that arise in respect to this point. Please check with your travel destination.
List of Liquids Subject To Restrictions
Individual containers must not exceed 100 ml and must be placed inside a transparent, resealable plastic pouch no larger than 1 liter in capacity.
- Water・Isotonic drinks・Tea・Carbonated drinks・Protein jellies
- Health & Nutrition Products
- ・Health drinks・Medicinal liquor・Royal jelly
- Aerosol Sprays
- ・Antiperspirants・Hair spray・Insect repellant・Anti-bacterial spray・Shaving cream
- Creams & Lotions
- ・Skin lotion and moisturizing cream・Foundation primer・Liquid concealer・Body lotion・Sunscreen lotion・Hand cream
- Antiperspirant Gel & Hair Gel
- Lip Care & Lipstick Gel
- Liquid Foundation
- Perfume and Cologne
(Liquid, gel and mist spray types)
- Perfume・Eau de toilette・Cologne
- Liquid Mascara & Eyeliner
- Makeup Remover & Facial Cleanser
- ・Facial cleansing foam・Makeup remover
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Denture adhesive
Items That are Subject to Restrictions But are Treated as Exceptions
Pharmaceuticals are not restricted to 100 ml in volume or need to be place in a plastic pouch under 1 liter in capacity but must be declared to security officers.
- Liquids, Prescription Gels & Over-the-Counter Pharmaceuticals
(Including eye drops and medicinal salt solution)
- Cold elixir・ Stomach elixir・ Cough syrup・ Pharmaceutical capsules・ Contact lens solution (preservative solution)・ Cooling soft gel sheets・ Disposable contact lens
- Water, Juice, and Liquid Nutrients for Dietetic Patients, Physically Disabled Personnel and Patients in Transport as well as Special Diabetic Food Items
- Diabetic food products
- Food for Babies and Infants and Food for Nursing Mothers and Pregnant Women, etc.
* As long as the child is with the passenger
- Food and drink for babies